Juan Tajes founded New Uruguayan Theatre with Mabel González, and later Praxis. He was also associated with Teatro Abaco by director Mario Ricci.
He directs a number of productions.
* The Liar, by Carlo Goldoni
* Spettacolo Medico, by Moliere
* The Blacksmith and Death, by Curi-Rein
* Isabella, Two Caravels and a Liar. by Dario Fo
* Lysistrata, by Arystophanes
* Faustus, by Goethe-Marlowe
* Man, City, Fate; Dragun & Borges lyrics, with Teatro Obstinato
* Fashung Abend, with the Dutch Historical Dance and Music Theatre Company,
in the way out of the way, with The Horseman’s Dog
* The dream of Puck, by Hans van Hechten with Sarabande
* The Barberillo of Lavapies
* The Saffron Rose
*Giants and Bigheads
* Poland Blood
* Venus in Silk
* The Pirates of Pensance
* One night in Venice
* La Pazia Senile
* L’Elissir d’Amore
* L’Europe Galante
* The Journey of Love, of the Dutch Historical Dance and Theatre Ensemble and
the Hanayagui Suzohatsu Dance Ensemble from Nagasaki in the context of 400 years of Japan – The Netherlands.